Tuesday, August 5, 2014

So, wow. I have a blog now. Is this 1998?

Yep. I have a blog now.

You may ask "Why" (I mean that as "you can ask, or may want to ask", not as some sort of Bond villain or royalty kinda thing), and I can only answer "Pfft, why not?"

So, a little about me. I am a guy. I read a lot. I thought "Hey, let me start a blog to keep track of all the stuff I read and post up a little review of em! Yea!" cause apparently I thought you guys needed to know what I thought about everything.

I don't really have anything to do with the publishing industry or writing industry other than reading books. I'm not an agent or publisher or anything. One day I'd like to write a book, but first I need to actually develop a plot and characters and not Gary Stu the hell out of it. I refuse to write crap intentionally, and I am also a bit of a coward as well, so I've yet to "nut up" and lob anything out on paper or screen.

However, much as I don't need to be a chef to know if a meal is good or not, I don't need to be a writer to know if a book is good or not.

Why should you listen to me? Because, well, I am a special unique snowflake who has a blog... Or maybe just because you want to know an opinion about a book. I don't have any political agenda, I more than likely will not have rants up pro/anti anything. The blog is basically to just let me review a book in a few sentences or paragraphs or pages if it's really really good or the thing just sucks and I hate the author for wasting my time and money.

So, basically, that's what the point of the blog is. I'm just an average dude who reads a lot, and thought other people might want to read my thoughts on if something was good, bad, or just interested.

First reviews will be coming up pretty soon, I'm kinda new to this whole blogging thing and frankly I don't really have a clue how this site works. I'm hoping if I hit publish this will show up. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment